Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The calm before the storm.

I first titled this post "water, water, everywhere, but not a drop to drink." But as we leave tomorrow a whole sense of anxiety has fallen over the house. I finally realized that I am not the only one who has no idea what this is going to be like. Both Mom and Dad have sailed before and sailed significantly longer and more obscure routes besides. This is a whole new beast, however. Mom and Dad are older now and we are on a new boat with brand new technology that none of us are particularly good at yet. On the upside we are doing this in steps. We leave tomorrow to drive to New Orleans for a day or two stop and then we head down to Islamorada. We will probably spend two weeks in Florida getting to know the boat and putting our stuff away. Unfortunately the first crossing from Florida to Chub Cay seems to be a bit of a task.

In this blog I will be keeping everyone updated on where we are, where we are going, and how we are doing it. Also you will get a special treat on Sundays as I will be attempting to watch all the rest of the Minnesota Vikings season from the Caribbean. I think the next game, Vikes vs. Detroit, will be the hardest game to get the bar owner to actually show, but I can be very persuasive.
You will also get to hear me rant about salt water showers, no electricity, no phones, limited internet access and the Moyers' close quarters. I will also be gloating about the warm weather, beaches, bars and new people. But right now its still the calm before the storm.

2 comments:

  1. nice blowboat Nea Develyn it's fine looken!from R.A.F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that everything is going better, keep the top side is dry and in the sun. You aren't missing much at home as the skys are gray and it's looking a lot like November as it is.
    Say hi to mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete