Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Poor Poor Ochocinco

This is a small football post as the Bengals are my third favorite team so they deserve a whole post for their valiant attempt.
We decided to watch the game at The Big Twelve which is a bar in Fish Fry Village - it was purported to have all of the games and lots of TVs. It is super cute with open windows, but the TVs were an issue. Three of them could only show the Chiefs game (really the Chiefs!) and the other one had the NFL channel (currently my favorite TV channel). I had high hopes as there was a Vikings sign by that particular TV.

I am an only child. I pretend to like sharing (and I actually really do), but I do not like sharing the TV during Vikings games, which I had to do this time. I threw a tantrum and basically whined my way into watching the game. Oh yes, I am pretty impressed with myself – somehow I convinced an entire bar full of Bahamians to watch the Vikings game, but I did have to share. At commercials I had to switch it back to the Dolphins game, did you know that Bahamians love football and they really love the Vikings. This was far too close of a call. This game was REDEMPTION! Hello playoff berth!

It still hurt to lose E.J. Henderson, but watching Antoine Winfield hit the Bengals really hard was incredibly reassuring. Every once and a while when I wasn’t paying attention, eating my wings or something, I would hear a smack and see that huge grin on Winfield’s face – he knew he just sent some guy’s head spinning. On the defensive side we stopped Carson Palmer flat. Enough said.

Addition:

Things I learned from watching the Bengals:

  1. I really like the Bengals and want them to do well as a team, just not against us.
  2. The Bengals players have some ridiculous hair. I used to think that the Pack had the most players with wild dos but now I am sure Cinci has that statistic in the bag.
  3. My mother and I both agree that I must own an Ochocinco jersey. I think this is very self-explanatory.
  4. The Bengals and Vikings share many similarities. The ability to take a game that should be in the bag and throw it away and vice versa – the ability to crush a team that should be the clear winner. We also both have eccentric wide receivers and underestimated running backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment